Monday, March 15, 2010

Stepping Back

I have covered this morning and going to look at this market with a clearer head hopefully.  I've looked at all the bearish angles and it's not as bearish a picture as I first thought.  When a market refuses to go down, you have to listen.  I am still bearish and there is no way I am going long here.  But I will be a bit more careful shorting this market.  The price action speaks to underlying strength and I'd like to get short later when I see a bit more volatility in the price movement, up or down.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a haircut too yesterday, but I went to the mijangwon.

Anonymous said...

I think that was it. 1151 was the top. I hope we go down to at least 1125 from here. We would be at least slightly negative to slightly positive if the mkt was going to go higher.

I think people are anticipating that the FED will raise rates by early fall perhaps.

Petsamo said...

From the price action of FXI (China) & INP (India), if US closes negative, this downleg is the real thing.

Market Owl said...

I shouldn't have gotten that haircut this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Was it a good haircut though? I used to get a cut and blow from a two pole barbershop.

Market Owl said...

Just a regular haircut. Anyway, I will get another opportunity to short I think tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not worried.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you'll get a good opportunity to get short today

I don't know... this is highly disappointing. they did it again.

Maybe the Fed starts hinting of rate rise sooner than later.