Friday, March 19, 2010

Coin Flip for Monday

The market closed right at a level where I have no clue whether we gap up or down.  I am leaning a bit towards a gap down, but its pretty much a coin flip.  The health care bill will be good conversation fodder and a good excuse to either rally or sell off, but don't believe Cramer.  Its not gonna determine the fate of this market.  I don't have a lot of conviction on either side in this market, but I will be buying weakness on Monday for a quick flip. 

2 comments:

Petsamo said...

I say we see a gap down. ETFs holding companies of Japan, China, & India (EWJ, FXI, & INP) are sufficiently oversold Friday. Those countries' markets should start lower on Monday, and I expect them to take their markets down because they're overextended also.

Europe is too overextended, just like the US. The DAX finally got a big red candlestick on Friday, which should give the bears the green light to sell. The DAX is short of a perfect double top, but technically, double tops don't have to be perfect.

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous said...

Sunday evening at 8:45, the S&P futures -6.3. hehe -Petsamo