Monday, November 23, 2009

Stuck In a Range

This market keeps getting turned back around 1110, there seems to be no mad dash to seek higher levels.  In the meantime, I expect us to trade in a range of 1080 to 1110 for the next few days, and from that range trade, we should find our next direction.  The market seems toppy, crude oil is struggling anytime it gets to $80.  Crude oil is the barometer for how much liquidity can trump fundamentals.  The widening contago is a sign that end demand is not very high.  I keep hearing about this Thanksgiving rally and positive seasonality, which probably explains today's rally.  I think we've front run the turkey rally and those expecting others to buy at higher prices just because its Thanksgiving sounds silly to me.  I would not be surprised to see lower prices on Wednesday.

No comments: