Monday, January 25, 2010

One Day Bounce?

I am a bit disappointed in the showing that the bulls made today.  Bernanke news gave them the ball and they could run with it, and instead they didn't do much with it.  Despite the little rally we're putting on here in the final hours, this market is telling me that it wants to consolidate at these levels.  I see no quick bounces like the past several dips.  This consolidation will last for a couple of weeks at least.  I am contemplating going short overnight.  Odds are we gap down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're up almost 1 %.

It looks to me like we're going to 1115.

Why the gap down?

Market Owl said...

Gut feeling, based on weak bounce on Bernanke news and sell the news reaction to Apple earnings.

Anonymous said...

AAPL came down a lot and it looks like its going close to 210.

This is a big week for economic news.

Market Owl said...

I think AAPL coming down was mainly because the market got whacked for 5% last week....

Or is AAPL recession proof, depression proof, earthquake proof? IPhones in Haiti anyone?

Anonymous said...

AAPL is the Messiah.

iv said...

i am short AAPL into earniings...risky i know....

let me please take the risk guys